Helen T. Leigh Museum Excursion Scholarship
Students at Piggott Elementary School make their own poster, a souvenir of the program.
Helen T. Leigh Museum Excursion Scholarship, 2018-2019
The MacArthur Museum of Military History of Arkansas offers travel grants to help students visit the museum for interactive programs that enhance teaching of WWI and WWII, as well as learn more on the historic Arsenal building and the Arkansas Civil War. Grants provide up to $ 500 to public schools for school trips of 3rd – 12e first-year students and are available during the fall and spring semesters.
The Helen T. Leigh Museum grant application is available from the MacArthur Museum of Military History of Arkansas and the Arkansas Humanities Council. Applicants should contact the museum to schedule their field visit before applying for the grant.
- The Helen T. Leigh Museum Field Trip Scholarship is available to Arkansas public schools, Grades 3 through 12.
- Field trips are available through the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History and must be scheduled before submitting the request.
- All field trips must take place at the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Maximum reward: $ 500.00 *
- The funds can be used for:
- Mileage reimbursement: up to 0.54 cents per round-trip mile
- Costs associated with bus driver fees and use of the bus
- Substitute teacher (s)
Planning a field trip
To schedule a trip to the MacArthur Museum of Military History of Arkansas, please contact the museum:
503 E. 9e Street
Little Rock, AR 72202
Or email the museum’s program coordinator, Shane Lind at [email protected]
To apply for the Helen T. Leigh Museum Field Travel Grant, please click on the link below, complete it and submit by email, fax or mail.
Grant request for a field trip to the Helen T. Leigh Museum