International flights: Air India resumes flights to Saudi Arabia
After a long hiatus, Air India resumed flights to Saudi Arabia from India. Those wishing to travel to Saudi Arabia from India can now book their tickets on the Air India website. They can also go to reservation offices or book tickets through call centers or travel agencies. Big move comes after United Arab Emirates (UAE) eased travel restrictions for fully vaccinated passengers from India
Air India took to Twitter to make the following announcement:
“Air India opens reservations from India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Before booking tickets, please read the travel instructions carefully. Reservations open through Air India website, reservation offices, call center and authorized travel agents. It will be the sole responsibility of passengers to ensure their eligibility to enter the country of destination. Air India will not accept any responsibility in this regard ”.
#FlyAI : Air India opens reservations from India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
Before booking tickets, please read the travel instructions carefully.
Reservations open through Air India website, reservation offices, call center and authorized travel agents. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/0QU8kBzBUe
– Air India (@airindiain) September 6, 2021
Saudi Arabia travel guidelines
1) Holders of a residence permit (holders of Iqama and a valid exit-entry visa) who have taken their two doses of vaccine inside the Kingdom before leaving the Kingdom are authorized to travel. 2) Passengers must confirm via their Tawakalna mobile app (vaccination certificate and health passport) that they have taken two doses of vaccine from Saudi Arabia prior to check-in.
3) Passengers must be provided with a negative RT-PCR report not older than 72 hours.
4) The PCR report must come from an ICMR accredited laboratory and must include a QR code.
5) Passengers will need to register vaccination data on the Muqeem website.
6) They must also have their fully vaccinated COVID-19 certificate to enter the country.